Head Start and Early Head Start Procedures Regarding Inclement Weather
The Bucks County IU # 22, Head Start and Early Head Start program, follows the snow and inclement weather-closing schedule of the school district in which the center is located or in regards to Early Head Start, where the home is located.
All emergency or weather related closings or delays are posted on the main page of the BCIU's web site. http://www.bucskiu.org.
- Make sure you know the school district in which your child’s program is located. Be sure you have their website or snow closing number.
- For Early Head Start home-based services, Early Head Start staff will follow the schedule of the school district in which you reside.
- If there is a delay in the school district in which the center program, or home-based program operates, staff will follow the district delayed schedule.
- For children who attend a mid-day program or a part day program, a 2 hour delay means the session is cancelled.
- For children who attend a full day classroom program, a 2-hour delay means that the program will start on a delayed schedule and begin 2 hours later than the typical start time.
- When weather forces a program to close early, families will be contacted to pick up their child/children.
- If you have an appointment at one of our sites and the weather is inclement, please call first to ensure that the program is open.