Programs and Services Advisory Council
Friday, February 24, 2012
Teaching and Learning
We will increase the use of evidence-based practices that will provide maximum leverage for growth in student achievement.
We will expand the use of technology to address organizational needs and enhance student learning.
We will use systemic data collection and analysis to evaluate and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of services.
We will collaborate to marshal resources to meet changing opportunities and client needs.
We will build staff capacity to accomplish our goals and fulfill our mission
8:00 a.m. Coffee and Conversation
8:30 a.m. - 10:15 a.m. P&S Advisory Council Rooms F&G
- Welcome and Introduction
- Congratulations to Bristol Township School District on their invitation to apply for the Keystones to Opportunity Grant
- Proposed Revisions to Chapter 4 - Mike Masko and Eddie Frasca-Stuart
- Graduation Project
- Keystone Exams (number, subjects, frequency, supplementary instruction, and project-based assessments - 12th grade beginning 2017)
- Comprehensive Planning
- Special Education Students
- Transition Plans
- PSSA, PSSA-M, PASA
- Emergency Waivers
Professional Development Updates:
- School Improvement "Getting Results" - Eddie Frasca-Stuart and Mike Masko
- March 12, April 16, and May 14
- Bucks County World Language Tournament - February 29, 2012 - Mike Masko
- Mayflower/William Penn Exhibit - Thursday, March 15, 2012 - Eddie Frasca-Stuart
- Student Art Gallery Reception, March 20, 2012, 5 p.m. - Eddie Frasca-Stuart
- Reading Olympics Update - March 26, 27, 28 and 29, 2012 - Pam Newman Dinan
- High School Computer Fair - March 28, 2012 - Allison Byruch
- GIFT - May 16, 2012 - Allison Byruch
BREAK - 10:15 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
10:30 a.m. - Joint P&S Advisory Council and Special Education Directors Rooms F&G
Lunch and Learn Courtesy of SRA McGraw Hill
Increasing Student Achievement:
Effective Leading, Learning, and Teaching in a Standards Aligned Systems
NEXT MEETING – April 13, 2012