Services Provided by IU School Psychologists
- Work directly with children and their families to help resolve interpersonal problems that interfere with school performance or problems in adjustment and learning.
- Provide training in social skills and anger management
- Help families and schools manage crises such as death, illness, or community trauma
- Design programs for children at risk of failing at school
- Promote tolerance, understanding, and appreciation of diversity within the school community
- Develop programs to make schools safer and more effective learning environments
Collaborate with school staff and community agencies to provide services directed at improving psychological and physical health.
Develop partnerships with parents and teachers to promote healthy school environments
Research and Planning
Adapted from The National Association of School Psychologists (2009). About School Psychology [Electronic Version]. Retrieved March 11, 2009 from http://www.nasponline.org/about_sp/index.aspx.