TRANSITION SERVICESProgram Description:
This service is designed to make the link between a school district and Intermediate Unit operated classroom program and the community. It is primarily intended to help students with disabilities develop an experience base which will foster informed career decisions and lead to post-school training or employment. The program capitalizes on the employment training experience of the Intermediate Unit staff and the network that has been developed with employers and agencies. It is an adjunct to existing classroom programs.
Facilitate the transfer of classroom training to that place in the community where skills are actually applied and to help students understand the relationship between earning power and quality of life, as well as employability.
• Expansion of Students Experience Base through Training Partnerships with Employers
• Development of Career Focus Based on Experience and Formal Vocational Assessment
• Development of an Appreciation between Earning Power and Quality of Life
• Development of Skills Required to Function as a Full Citizen of the Community `
• Articulation of Schools, Employers, and Agencies
• Development of Grant Proposals and Training Partnerships
• Transition Plan Preparation, Consultation, Training
• Development of Travel Skills through Assessment and Training.
EmployAbility Expo 2013
Link to "MOVING ON"
Link back to Transition Coordinating Council