Employee Technical SupportHow do I request technical support?
1. Call the Systems Net helpdesk: 215-340-1951 or toll-free at 888-676-1228
M-Th: 8:30am – 7:00pm F: 8:30am – 5:00pm
2. Press #0 to immediately speak to the helpdesk operator.
3. Identify yourself as a BCIU employee.
4. If you call after hours, leave a message and you will hear from someone during the next business day.
What will happen when I call?
1. The help desk technician will walk you through a triage process to diagnose your problem and provide any appropriate assistance over the phone.
2. If your problem cannot be resolved over the phone, the helpdesk technician will work with you to schedule an appointment with a mobile technician to address your problem on-site.
3. If a technician needs to be dispatched to your location, Systems Net will most likely address your problem on-site, including repair work, as they will have a stock of common parts with them in their trucks to facilitate quick repair. If this is not possible, every attempt will be made to service equipment as fast as possible to minimize downtime.
How is this new way better than the old way?
• In the past, employees were required to log in to an Internet-based helpdesk system. This presupposed that you had Internet connectivity, which in some cases, was not available.
• Employees were also required to navigate a dense hierarchy of choices to select which problems they were experiencing, also a difficult task at times.
• In the past, it was not always possible to provide relatively immediate response to requests. We hope that this new system provides you with improved turn around times for service.
• Please do not submit requests through the online helpdesk system, effective July 13, 2009. Instead, direct all technical support requests to 215.340.1951 per the instructions above.
• In the past, members of the BCIU technology team were available to provide office staff with assistance. Following our recent technology reorganization, many roles have changed. As such, it’s important to direct your technical support requests through the helpdesk phone number and not directly through members of the Technology Department.
• Systems Net technicians have their appropriate school clearances to provide support at our locations and in our classrooms. Systems Net technicians will also have Systems Net shirts and BCIU contractor badges for identification purposes at our remote locations.
• BCIU will be billed an additional fee for all scheduled service calls made by Systems Net where BCIU staff members are not available at the appointed time. For this reason, please make every effort to honor all scheduled technical support appointments. If your schedule changes, please make every attempt to reschedule through the same helpdesk phone number.
• If you need additional assistance with your technical request or are not satisfied with how your issues were handled, please contact John Colantonio at JColantonio@bucksiu.org or 215.348.2940 x1622.
• We appreciate your patience as we transition to this new and improved way to provide technical support. Any feedback to help us improve the process is welcome. Again, please contact John Colantonio.