Accidents If an accident or emergency situation
happens the following procedures will be followed:
1. The driver will immediately call 911 and then the
transportation office to report the accident indicate its severity
and receive further directions and instructions.
2. Transportation office personnel will contact the
school nurse, other school officials and parents.
3. EMT personnel arriving at the scene of the accident will,
depending on the severity of the accident, determine if
emergency medical treatment is necessary.
4. If the accident occurs on a bus transporting students to
school, every student on the bus will be examined by a
school nurse who will notify parents and/or make other
referrals as required by the severity of the injuries.
5. If the accident occurs on a bus transporting students home,
the police and/or driver will make any necessary decisions
regarding injured students (need for ambulances, etc.) and
the Transportation Office will call the parents of the injured
students. Parents who have any questions regarding the accident
should call the Transportation Office at #215-348-2940 x1261.