Services & Products
ECS Physical Therapy
Welcome to Preschool Physical Therapy: Home page
Why PT for Preschool Children?
Why does my child need a prescription for Physical Therapy?
Preschool Motor Activities for Group Play
Body in Space
Community Activities and Resources
Basic Motor Development
Motor Planning Home Activities
When children have difficulty with motor planning you may see:
* The child can climb one playground ladder but does not know what to do the first time he or she encounters a new similar ladder.
* The child improves in speed and fluidity the more times he or she tries the exact same activity
Ideas to work on motor planning:
* Use cushions, boxes etc to make an obstacle course. Go to the other end and do the obstacles in reverse. Be sure to rearrange the obstacle after a few trials.
* Go to a wide variety of playgrounds (not always the same one) so the child can learn to generalize climbing strategies.
* Vary the activity. For example, if your child is also working in jumping, make the targets to jump onto different distances apart or different heights from each other.
* When you go to the playground, start on a different piece of equipment.
Last Modified on March 29, 2010
705 N. Shady Retreat Road - Doylestown, PA 18901
(800) 770-4822 | (215) 348-2940
Questions or Feedback?
Copyright © 2002-2013 Schoolwires, Inc. All rights reserved.