Please read the below procedures prior to making a speech/language referral. If you have additional questions, don't hesitate to contact your Speech/Language Pathologist (SLP)
Procedures for Speech/Language Referrals
1. Teachers, nurses, principals and/or Catapult staff can make referrals. Referral forms are available from your SLP or you can
download and copy the teacher referral from this site.
2. An informal screening of the referred child will be done and results will be shared with teacher.
3. A permission form for further testing will be sent home by the SLP, if warranted.
4. Formal testing will be administered
5. Feedback will be given to the parents/teacher regarding results and recommendations
6. Parent permission is necessary prior to enrollment in the speech/language program.
7. Therapy time is scheduled with classroom teacher.