Pennsylvania Teacher Certification and Licensing
Welcome to the teacher certification portion of the BCIU #22 website. Although all questions regarding teacher certification must ultimately be answered by a representative of the Pennsylvania Department of Education, the PDE website can be difficult to navigate. This portion of the the BCIU HR website was developed in an effort to assist you with navigating through the information and resources available from the PDE.
- All certified educators in Pennsylvania should familiarize themselves with PDE's online Teacher Information Management System (TIMS).
- PDE is no longer accepting any paper applications
- All changes to educator information, applications, and records must now be entered, approved, and tracked in TIMS
- Information regarding Levell II requirements and applications are also included in TIMS
- Professional Development requirements under Act 48 can be confirmed & tracked in PDEs' online Professional Education Records Management System (PERMS). If you don't know your PPID number, which is the unique identifier PDE uses in place of your social security number,you can also find it on PERMS.
To contact the Pennsylvania Department of Education:
Phone number: (717)787-3356
Bureau of School Leadership and Teacher Quality
Division of Certification Services
333 Market Street , 3rd Floor
Harrisburg , PA 17126-0333