RED CEDAR ACADEMY
The purpose of school is to provide students with the opportunity to obtain an education and learn proper conduct in social situations. It has been stated that good grooming and appropriate dress create an environment more conducive to learning. Students who are proud of themselves will reflect this pride by their good grooming and neat appearance.
Acceptable student dress and grooming is dress that is not harmful to health and safety, is not disruptive and does not damage school property. Therefore, the following guidelines have been established in order to maintain a positive educational atmosphere.
1. All students must wear footwear such as shoes sandals, sneakers or boots. Footwear such as flip-flops is not permitted for health reasons.
2. Students are not permitted to wear any headgear while in the school building. Headgear includes hats, scarves and bandannas.
3. Students must wear clothing that completely covers the upper torso. Mesh shirts, open-sided shirts, bare midriffs, barebacked shirts, tank tops and halter tops will not be permitted.
4. Students will not be permitted to wear clothing, arm band, buttons or jewelry which are imprinted with obscene or suggestive messages, advertises or promotes the use of drugs and alcohol, or is offensive to prevailing community standards.
5. Trousers, shorts and skirts must be worn and kept at the waist with a belt if needed. Girls with skirts must be able to touch the end of the skirt with their fingertips. Boys must not have shorts or pants hanging off below their waist.
6. Coats and jackets (outerwear) are not permitted to be worn in the classroom.
Students who violate the dress code will be subject to disciplinary action. The school administration shall have the authority to remove any student from school whose dress is considered harmful or disruptive for any reason.
I have read this form and I understand the dress code rules:
Student's Name: Date: